Hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a police / accident report?
To request a police or accident report, please contact Washington County Records.  Click here for more information or you can contact them directly at (651) 430-7600.
How do I apply for a permit to purchase / carry a gun?
Washington County handles permits to purchase and permits to carry. Click here to view more information or contact them at (651) 430-7600.
Does the County provide fingerprinting services?
Fingerprinting is provided at the Washington County Law Enforcement Center, 15015 62nd Street North, Stillwater, MN 55082. Please click here for more information.  
Can I hunt on Newport land?
Hunting on any land in the City of Newport is prohibited, with the exception of archery deer hunting. The City of Newport adopted an Archery Deer Hunting ordinance. The purpose of this ordinance is to designate areas and regulate archery deer hunting with the City of Newport. Click here to view the designated areas for archery deer hunting. For more information, please contact the Minnesota DNR at (651) 296-6157.
How do I retrieve my driving record?
The City of Newport cannot disseminate driving records. Please contact the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services Division for more information.
How do I find out if a sex offender is living in my neighborhood?
In Minnesota, there are three levels of sex offenders. Those being:

  • Level I: Least likely to reoffend. Only local law enforcement agencies are notified.
  • Level II: More likely to reoffend than level I. Law enforcement, schools, and daycares are notified.
  • Level III: Most likely to reoffend. Offender information is available to the public. 

Under current Minnesota law, only Level III sex offender information is available to the public. Information can be retrieved by visiting the Minnesota Department of Corrections website at www.doc.state.mn.us.